Friday, November 28, 2014

Adventure into the Unknown

Never travel the day before Thanksgiving! I'm not sure what I was thinking! The snowstorm up the East Coast didn't help, but thanks to a wonderful United ticket agent at the Dayton Airport who engineered a new route, I was able to get moving in the right direction.

I'm presently in Barcelona on my way to Doha, Qatar as an official for the Short Course (25m) Swimming World Championships.

My hosts here at David & Ellen, church planters with a special interest in sports ministry. Ellen and I connected because of her passion for aquatics. We've Skyped a couple of times over the past year, praying for open doors around the aquatics world.

Being that it was Thanksgiving Day - and Ellen is from the States - she prepared a traditional meal for some friends and I brough the pumpkin pie filling, which she couldn't find here. It was a great introduction to some of their circle of friends, a wonderful meal and yes, the pumpkin pie turned out great!

The sun has appeared this morning, which was not in the forecast. Looking forward to a day of conversations about ministry and walking some streets of Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment